Last updated: 04/22/2022
TechStudio a website maintenance service provider, legal address, Eidgah Road, Kishoreganj, Dhaka, The people’s republic of Bangladesh provides you with website bug fixing, pagespeed optimization, and other website-related services.
TechStudio takes data privacy seriously and takes measures to ensure that the data that is collected by TechStudio is used in a manner that is consistent with the principles of data privacy. We protect your data by collecting only the necessary information to provide our services, and by using secure methods to store and protect your data. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
This Policy explains how TechStudio processes Personal Data that can be used to identify an individual. TechStudio will collect Personal Data from you to provide the Service.
Personal information we collect
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped follows:
- Identity Data: may include your name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, and gender.
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data: may include your login data, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data: may include your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our website, products, and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- Direct interactions: you may give us your Identity, Contact, and Financial Data by filling in forms or corresponding with us by post, phone, email, or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- sign up for our services;
- make a payment;
- enter a competition, promotion, or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
How we use your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
- Where we need to protect our interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of how we plan to use your data and the legal basis we rely on to do so.
If you have any questions about the ways we plan to use your personal information that is not set out below, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com
Purpose/Activity Type of data used Lawful basis for processing To register you as a new customer.
- Marketing and Communications Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us) or to comply with a legal obligation ( regulation (EU) No 2015/751 on interchange fees for card-based payment transactions)
To process and deliver your order (including managing payments, arranging for delivery and providing customer service)
- Marketing and Communications Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us) or to comply with a legal obligation ( regulation (EU) No 2015/751 on interchange fees for card-based payment transactions).
To manage our relationship with you, which will include:
- Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- Marketing and Communications Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (GDPR) or our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition, or complete a survey
- Marketing and communications are necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business) or consent.
To administer and protect our business (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, and hosting of data)
- Technical Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganization or group restructuring exercise) or to comply with a legal obligation (GDPR).
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- Marketing and Communications Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business, and inform our marketing strategy) or consent.
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- Usage Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business, and to inform our marketing strategy) To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you (a) Identity
- Marketing and communication are necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
- We may send you marketing communications about our products and services that may interest you if you have consented to receive such communications.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in any email that we send to you.
- You can also manage your marketing preferences through your account with us if you have one.
We will not share your personal information with any third party for their marketing purposes unless you have consented to us doing so.
International transfers of your personal information
We may need to transfer your personal information to third parties located outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), for example, to our suppliers and service providers.
How long do we keep your personal information?
You can request that we delete your personal information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
We may retain your personal information for a more extended period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation regarding our relationship with you.
How we keep your personal information secure
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
In particular, we have implemented the following security measures:
- encryption of our website and all confidential information exchanged between you and us;
- password protection for access to your account with us;
- firewalls and intrusion detection systems; and
- physical security measures to protect our premises and systems from unauthorized access.
We require our employees and contractors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws about your personal information. These include the right to:
- request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”);
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you;
- request erasure of your personal information;
- object to the processing of your personal information;
- request restriction of processing of your personal information;
- request transfer of your personal information to another party; and
- withdraw consent at any time.
You can exercise any of your rights concerning your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other)
By email: email@example.com
By visiting this page on our website: https://techstudiobd.com/contact/